Event: Volleyball - Hollins at Guilford (Greensboro, NC)
The lead: The final rescheduled event from Hurricane Florence took place as Hollins had to make the trip to Greensboro to face Guilford College. The match with the Quakers had to be rescheduled. giving Hollins three Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) road matches in four days.
The result: Guilford 3-2 (25-18, 25-10, 18-25, 20-25, 15-9)
How it happened: Hollins looked to go down in straight sets for the second consecutive night after falling in the first two sets. However, the young Hollins team began to mount a rally in the third set. The Green and Gold used a 10-3 run to break open a close frame and took the third set and looked to carry the momentum into the next set. The fourth was tied at 12-12 when Hollins once again surged ahead, scoring eight of the next 12 points to put away the set and force a fifth. Hollins would see the fifth set for the third time in the last four matches, however, like the previous two, Hollins would not be able to close out the match and fell to Guilford, 15-9.
- 25 kills moved Deja Hadden into 3rd in the ODAC with 270 on the season
- Hollins would lead twice in the finale
- Amanda Mink recorded a match high 18 digs
- Hannah Arthur and Hadden combined for five solo blocks
- It was Guilford's fifth ODAC win of the season, currently in sixth place
- Guilford had more hitting errors 28-21, but enjoyed a 64-45 advantage in kills
- The Quakers had four attackers in double-digits, led by Khaira Bolden with 17
What's next: Hollins will host cross-town rival Roanoke College on Wednesday night. It will be a "Sea of Green" night with everyone encouraged to wear their green as Hollins will take a few moments to honor her two seniors prior to the 6:30 match. The game and festivities are sponsored by Dominos.