Event: Basketball - Notre Dame of Maryland at Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: Two days after they picked up their first Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) win, the Hollins basketball team looked for back-to-back wins for the first time this season when Notre Dame of Maryland came to town for a non-conference matchup.
The result: Hollins 57-46
How it happened: The first half would see five lead changes and three ties as the two teams would go back and forth. Hollins looked to throw a knout punch early, taking a 15-9 advantage in the closing seconds of the first quarter. However, the Gators would end the frame with a three ball and kick off the second quarter with seven more points, taking their largest lead of the night, 19-15. Trailing by three, Hollins would turn the tables when Sally Sroge scored on a breakaway with .01 seconds on the clock. For the second game in a row, Hollins would take over the game in the third period, building a lead that they would hold throughout the final 20 minutes.
- After going without a field goal on Wednesday, Kayla Surles exploded for 21 points on 6-7 shooting from long range
- Keenan Surles hit a big three pointer to allow Hollins to seize control in the third quarter and handed out a game high five assists
- Sroge had 17 points while Keyazia Taylor grabbed 19 rebounds
Notre Dame (MD.) notes:
- Daija Fitchett led with nine points and 10 rebounds
- The Gator's bench out-scored Hollins 10-0
- 13 offensive rebounds yielded just six points
What's next: Hollins will wrap up their three game home stand when former head coach Jenny Logan brings Eastern Mennonite to town tomorrow afternoon.