Event: Volleyball - Hollins at Randolph-Macon (Ashland, VA)
The lead: The final regular season match for a Hollins volleyball team that looked to end a very successful campaign on a high note, took place on Wednesday night. The Green and Gold would face off with the Old Dominion Athletic Conference's (ODAC) very best when they made the trip to face Randolph-Macon. The Yellow Jackets needed a win to wrap up another regular season crown.
The result: Randolph-Macon 3-0 (25-16, 25-9, 25-17)
How it happened: A 7-0 run by the Yellow Jackets broke open a close opening set as the home team would set the tone for the night. After closing out the visitors in the first, Randolph-Macon used a 14-4 hitting advantage to cruise to a two sets to love lead. With a chance to close out Hollins and secure the top spot in the ODAC standings, Randolph-Macon closed out the match with a 12-4 run to complete the sweep of Hollins.
- Hollins nine wins this season, mark the highest win total in over 20 years
- Hollins placed four different players in the top five of different statistical categories in the ODAC this season
- Deja Hadden and her 348 kills rank 3rd, Casey Mahan finished 5th in the league with 691 assists
- In solo blocks, Hollins held the top two spots. Hannah Arthur led with 27 and Kiki Speights finished runner-up with 15. Arthur was 4th in total blocks with 61
- The Yellow Jackets finished 1st in the regular season for a fifth consecutive season
- They enjoyed a 42-19 kill advantage for the match
- Miranda Hall, 10 kills, and Angela Tender, 20 assists, both match highs
What's next: Tonight's match marked the final regular season match for Hollins, they did not qualify for the 2018 ODAC Volleyball Tournament.