Event: Soccer - Wshington and Lee at Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: Prior to the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) match with Washington and Lee, Hollins took a moment to honor their four seniors. Ciera Morris, MacKenzie Roberts, Mira Ritola, and Mallory Jengo were recognized before the match as teammates, friends, and family were on hand to thank these four players for all they have accomplished at Hollins.
The result: Washington and Lee 10-0
How it happened: The Generals came out firing, netting their first goal in the opening seconds and adding a second score just one minute later. At the half it was all W&L as the visitors enjoyed a 20-1 shot advantage and a 6-0 lead. The second half was more about ball security as Washington and Lee once again held Hollins to just one attempt while adding to their lead. At the final horn, it was an ODAC win for the Generals.
- Miranda Springston and Madisen Charles account for all of Hollins shots
- In goal, Kendra Rich registered five more saves and her 119 saves are currently 2nd in the ODAC
- Hollins home finale will be next Wednesday against Randolph-Macon
Washington and Lee notes:
- Caroline Bailey netted a hat trick with Sydney Von Rosenberg and Emily Leding each scoring twice
- The Generals recorded assists on eight of their 10 goals
- Leann Passaro earned her first win of the season in net
What's next: Hollins will play host to the Yellow Jackets on Berkely Field this Wednesday at 4:00pm.