Event: Lacrosse - Hollins at William Peace (Raleigh, NC)
The lead: For the first time this season, the Hollins lacrosse team went on the road when they made the trip to Raleigh to face William Peace University in a rare game under the lights. Hollins entered the game winless while the Pacers were putting their perfect, 4-0, record on the line.
The result: William Peace 17-5
How it happened: The Pacers wasted little time in taking advantage of the road weary Hollins team. After scoring three times in the opening minute, William Peace added four more scores to make it 7-0 after just 10 minutes of action. Hollins would final crack the Pacer defense, snapping a 9-0 run. Three more William Peace scores to close the half gave the home team firm control. Hollins would hold her own in the draw circle in the second half to play the Pacers close. The Green and Gold would net three of the game's final four goals, but couldn't overcome the big halftime deficit.
- Allie Helmbrecht would score all five of Hollins goals, increasing her team leading total to 14
- In net, first-year keeper Emma Wilson recorded 10 saves, her third consecutive double-digit save effort
- Hollins caused 16 Pacer turnovers, led by Helmbrecht and Carsen Helms with three apiece
William Peace notes:
- Allison Schaper led the Pacers with seven goals, six ground balls, and four caused turnovers
- Rylie Toomey added five scores while Dana Floria added three assists
- Abigail Germino registered three saves in picking up her fifth win of the season
What's next: Hollins will return home to host a pair of games next week prior to Spring Break. Keuka College will make the trip to Roanoke on Wednesday for a 4:00pm start.