The event: Emory & Henry (15) at Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: In their first Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) home game of the season, Hollins would welcome the nationally ranked Wasps of Emory & Henry. In the most recent NCAA DIII Women's Basketball Rankings, the Wasps (5-0) were ranked 15th in the country.
The result: E&H 70-26
How it happened: Sally Sroge hit the opening hoop of the night but a quick answer by Taylor Blevins, three pointer, gave the lead back to the Wasps. Keyazia Taylor once again gave Hollins the lead but Emory & Henry would start to heat it up from the floor, shooting 57% in the opening frame, to build a 10-6 advantage. E&H would use a 14-0 run to close out the frame with a big lead, 24-6. Hollins once again scored first but thanks in part to 7-12 from the three point line the Wasps would take 30 point edge into the break. The 15th ranked Emory & Henry squad would use 27 Hollins turnovers and good shooting to run their ODAC mark to 2-0 and 6-0 overall while the Green and Gold would fall to 2-4, 0-2 in conference play.
- Taylor blocked six shoots
- Kayla Surles paced the Hollins offense with 10 points while Sroge added nine
- Hollins forced 17 turnovers leading to six points
Emory & henry notes:
- Blevins led the Wasps with 12, all in the first half
- 14 of 16 E&H players scored
- Emory & Henry enjoyed a big edge on the glass, 44-26 while scoring 26 points off the 27 Hollins miscues
What's next: Hollins will travel to Ashland to face Randolph-Macon on Saturday. The defending ODAC Campion Yellow Jackets received 22 votes in the most recent NCAA Top 25 Poll.